Monday, August 02, 2010

FOD Revisited


One of the best things about AirVenture or any annual event is the way that it helps mark the passage of time. Cole got his callsign, “FOD,” last year. And I shot a picture of him standing in front of the sign at the gas station in Russell, Illinois, purposely obscuring an "O" in “FOOD.” It’s the lower half of the composite above.

We hit Russell again this year to walk around the Russell Military Museum and, naturally, we took another photo to mark the time. It’s the top one.

I’m still ingesting media from AirVenture and will likely have some of that content up soon. But, in the meantime, I’m wrapped up in a reverie about the boy and how much he’s growing. Cool, eh?

1 comment:

Brad said...

I'm glad I'm not the only father who does this. I've started a tradition of taking a photo of my oldest each year standing at the tail of a Cub. It will be awesome to look back on these photos in the decades to come.